Publisher: Hólar University College
Author: Helga Thoroddsen
This second book of The Icelandic Riding Levels builds on the practical information presented and taught at Level 1. The main purpose at Level 2 is to teach riders and horses good ground manners as well as riders beginning to ride independently.
Basic topics in this book are:
- The history, background and breeding of Icelandic horses.
- The connection and cooperation between human and horse.
- The aids and their proper use.
- The riding area and its use.
- The reins and basic rein-holds.
- Work in hand.
- Gaits and gait transitions.
- Riding in the open.
- 70 pages
- Language: English
- Additional Information
Through the lessons in this book the rider is further prepared for gradually advanced topics presented and practiced at Level 3, 4 and 5. The Icelandic Riding Levels are based on the step-by-step approach of training horses and riders in a logical, safe and practical way.
For further information regarding the Icelandic Riding Levels please contact Hólar University College.