Sigvaldi Lárus Guðmundsson

• Born 6.5.1985
  • Head trainer and manager at Gamla Fet
  • Grew up with horses in West Iceland
  • FT Riding teacher from Hólar University (2010)
  • Former riding teacher at Hólar University and Hvanneyri Agricultural University of Iceland
  • Former manager at Miðfossar
  • Former Teacher at the Icelandic riding system Reiðmaðurinn (e. The Rider)
  • Emphasizes on horse-friendly methods and training that builds upon trust and respect

5 questions to Sigvaldi:

What is most important for you in training?

One of the most important thing for me is to work in harmony with my horse and that he is positive in our work.

What horse will you always remember?

Tromma frá Skógskoti, from my own breeding and I never realized in the beginning that she would become the horse she became. Big character with a lot of power and has this unique pace. Other horses I have to mention are Völva frá Hólum and Ómur frá Kvistum that both have made a lot of impact.

Who is your biggest inspiration among other riders or teachers? There is one rider who had a really big influence on me when I was younger and today I often think back to him, Benedikt Líndal. Today I am also inspired by Eyjólfur Ísólfsson and on his views on horsemanship. He has influenced me a lot as a rider.

What is your favorite equestrian book?

Think harmony with horses by Ray Hunt.

What is your favourite dressage exercise?

To ride Haunches-in on Tölt is one of my favourite dressage exercise. When all your hard work comes together and make this exercise possible.

Sigvaldi on FacebookInstagram

Contact trainer

Trainer's Videos

Upcoming Events

Hrímnir Moments

Hrimnir Newsletter