Hinrik Þór Sigurðsson

• www.hinriksigurdsson.com
  • Born 14.12.1982
  • FT Riding teacher from Hólar University
  • Mental coach working with clients from all kinds of sports

5 questions to Hinrik:

What is most important for you in training?

For me thinking about the most important things in training, is a plan. You see, we all have some kind of a vision of what we want with our training, how it should develop or look later on. We need a plan on how to make the gap between our vision and where we are today a bit shorter. And then I want to mention values as something very important, to make clear for myself what kind of an equestrian do I want to be?

What horse will you always remember?

A horse I will always remember, I think it´s difficult to name just one horse but I want to mention Andvari från Stenlia (a Swedish stallion I had in training for several years) and Hula frá Holtsmúla an Orri daughter with a great pace capcity. I could name many more horses, but it would take the day.

Who is your biggest inspiration among other riders or teachers? 

My biggest inspiration among other riders and teachers is without doubt Eyjólfur Ísólfsson, a teacher I have great respect for. Then I really admire many young professional trainers around the world who are starting to make their way into the business with great professionalism.

What is your favorite equestrian book? 

My favorite equestrian book is Dressage with Kyra Kyrklund, she is just something that lady.

What is your favourite dressage exercise? 

My absolute favorite dressage exercise is shoulder in, that is “the exercise”

Hinrik on FacebookInstagram

Contact trainer

Trainer's Videos

Upcoming Events

Hrímnir Moments

Hrimnir Newsletter